Monday, May 2, 2011

Birds and Boards

As the seasons change, we're seeing some new birds in the yard.  We've got kites and hawks, ospreys and bald eagles, swallows and doves.  Yesterday morning, we spotted this girl in the grass (not where I would have expected her!).  It's a little hard to see (really do need a zoom lens), but it's a Pileated Woodpecker. 

Our bird list just keeps growing and growing.  It's fascinating to think of how many different birds we've seen just from our backyard. 




 We have trellises now!  Matt worked all day on Sunday to put them together.  I think he did a great job.  The melons certainly seem to enjoy them.  I twined the vines through the lattice work to give them a head-start.  I think they'll do fine on their own from here.

I wonder what the neighbors think when they see our yard.  Ah.  I don't really care.








Besides, who cares what they think when I have little tomatoes to watch like this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment