Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2 - May 8, 2011

It's May!  Already!  What the heck?  This year is flying by.  We continue with our studies as follows this week:

Henry

Science Play!: Seeds - I'm going to pull out our basket of seed packets and let Henry go through them all to see what the different seeds look like.  I'll let him use his magnifying glass to inspect them closely and I'll pull out the colored pencils so he can draw pictures of his favorites.

Who Am I? - Lesson 17 - God Cares for Us and All He Has Made
  • Concepts of Faith: God takes care of us always.  God gave each one of us a guardian angel to help and guide us.
  • We'll review the Guardian Angel prayer and add this to our bedtime routine: Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen. 
Oliver

I'm continuing with Starfall and having Oliver work on following directions.  I'm noticing a definite pattern with the child.  When my requests involve something fun ("go get the ball and I'll throw it for you") or food ("come and get your milk"), he's johnny-on-the-spot.  When they involve anything else ("pick up these toys" or "time for bed"), they are ignored.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment