Friday, May 11, 2012

Sixth Week of Easter: May 13 - 19, 2012

Oh, my.  What a week.  I usually don't post until Saturday or Sunday, but I get the feeling that if I don't do it now when I have a spare moment, it's not going to happen.

Let's see.

Oliver's Child Find screening went well.  Based on the questionnaires I submitted and the assessment that took place at the meeting, the representative is recommending that he receive a full screening through our school system.  The only thing is that we're at the end of the school year and the system may not keep their evaluators on over the summer.  He may not get the full evaluation until the new school year starts.  It's not the end of the world; we'll continue with our existing OT and ST through summer.

My OB visit was supposed to be a quick 15 minute check-up.  During vitals, I mentioned that I've been having dizzy spells, though.  My 15 minute appointment turned into 4 hours at the hospital for labwork, an EKG, and a non-stress test.  Fortunately, everything looked just fine for me and for Peter/Violet.  It's just one of those lovely aspects of being pregnant.

Jane's and Oliver's well-checks were great.  It was nice to go over everything with our pediatrician and we're finally moving forward with the applications to get Oliver set up for ABA therapy.  We should hear something in the next two to three weeks.

The latest ultrasound was slightly alarming.  At the last one, 5 weeks ago, Peter/Violet was tipping the scales at 4 pounds.  At my OB appointment, the midwife mentioned that I'd only gained three pounds since the last time she saw me.  I specifically remember thinking, "more like the baby gained three pounds."  Well, I was right.  The latest measurements put this kid at 6 pounds, 14 ounces.  I'm 35 weeks.  This is looking like another 10 pounder.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

To top off everything, Jane picked up some kind of bug, probably from the waiting room of the pediatric clinic.  She started throwing up last night around 2:30 and continued to do so every thirty minutes until mid-morning.  Poor thing is sleeping it off right now.  She's been able to keep a little down, so I hope it's already subsiding.

In the midst of all this chaos, school got shunted to the side.  Thankfully, Henry was patient enough to do three days worth of work this morning.  It certainly helped that the majority of math was playing dominoes!  Here's hoping that next week is a bit calmer.

What we're working on this week:

Henry
  • Go For the Code - We're finishing this week!  Our final lesson is a review of all three books.
  • Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Kindergarten Level 2 - lessons 11-12 (-ed, -en, and -et words)
  • Saxon Math K - lesson 102 (Covering designs with tangrams), lesson 103 (Assessment #12 - Copying geoboard designs), and lesson 104 (Ordering objects by size)
Oliver
  • OT and ST
  • Colors, letters, shapes, and numbers on Starfall.com
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment