Saturday, November 19, 2011

Getting Ready for Advent

While our Advent break doesn't begin until the end of the month, Advent itself is only a week away!  Last year, we embarked on the annual last-minute scramble to find purple and pink candles for our Advent display.  This year, I'm working smarter (being lazy) and ordering them online.

Advent Calendar - Mary with Baby JesusI'm also finally getting an Advent calendar for the kids.  One year, I would love to create a beautiful, reusable Advent calendar, but it's not going to be this one.  Instead, I found this pretty one on Amazon and it's already on its way to our home.

Other plans for Advent?

Our Who Am I? workbook has worksheets for each Sunday of Advent that Henry will work on.  We're also going to make a construction paper Advent wreath to put on our classroom bulletin board.

Still mulling over a Jesse Tree.  I've found some nice PDFs of the different ornaments, but I'd need to have them printed and then mount them to something sturdy myself.  We'll see.  I may have to save that for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment