In other news, Henry passed his latest math assessment and he really enjoys the geoboard. I also just realized that there is a set of handwriting masters in the back of the Saxon teacher's manual. We were already past the first six points of usage, so I made copies of those for Henry to complete. They're just a little extra practice for writing numbers, something I think he needs. From this point forward, I'll incorporate those masters according to the Saxon recommendations.
Looking at my pre-Baby 5 goals, we're on track. I've been in touch with Oliver's case manager. We're in the process of entering the Navy's exceptional family member program which will allow us to sign up for ECHO, which will get Oliver into EIA services. So, that ball is rolling. The new cleaning routine has been implemented and is going well. I'm about halfway through The Prince and I'm actually enjoying it this time around. The trees have been pruned, but won't be fertilized until April. The deck and trellises are painted, but we're still working on painting the deck pool/garden beds. Jane's closet and dresser have been purged of all clothes that no longer fit. Progress!
What we're working on this week:
- Religion - Daily readings, rosary, prayers
- Math - Saxon Math K: Lessons 58, 59, and 60 - Placing an object on a real graph; Identifying ordinal position, paying for items using pennies; identifying dimes, counting by 10s, handwriting master 7
- Language Arts - Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Kindergarten Level 1: Unit 3 and review; Go for the Code: Complete letter l and begin letter g
- Art - Freehand drawing and coloring
- Music - Pandora classical music station
- Good Books - Andrew Lang's Fairy books
- Let's Talk Together - Home Activities for Early Speech and Language Development - Imitating actions and sounds
- Baby Babble - Speech-Enhancing DVD for Babies and Toddlers, and Baby Babble 2 - First Words: P B M