What we did last week:
- Catechism: Reviewed the Sign of the Cross, the Lord's Prayer, the Hail Mary, the Glory Be, the Guardian Angel prayer, and learned the Morning Offering.
- Mathematics: Completed lessons 1-4 of Saxon Math 2 (reading and identifying numbers to 100, identifying left and right, graphing data on a graph, identifying one more and one less than a number, telling time to the hour, and addition facts - doubles to 20); read Numbers by Henry Pluckrose
- Vocabulary root: PHOTOS (Greek) - light
- Grammar: Completed lessons 1-5 of First Language Lessons 1 (introducing common nouns, introducing poem memorization, common nouns for family relationships, first names as proper nouns, introducing story narration
- Writing: Our Writing with Ease 1 excerpts for copywork and narration were from Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- History: This week, we read The King of the Golden City by Mother Mary Loyola.
- Science: Completed the first week of our animal study, learning about habitat, migration, animal defense mechanisms, camouflage, food, conservation, and communication. The vocabulary words this week were herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore.
We're going to watch Winged Migration this afternoon to finish up the week.
- Geography: Completed week one, "What is a Map?"