Saturday, August 4, 2012

July 29 - August 4, 2012

I'm patting myself on the back right now for moving to a year-round schedule.  If I hadn't, I would be pulling my hair out.  Yes, it's been that kind of week.  Again.

We persevere.  We're just going through some adjustments right now.

Oliver has had a few bad weeks, but he seems to be moderating.  He begins therapy this week, two days only.  The next week, the fall schedule begins and he'll attend four mornings per week.  I took him to the store with me and let him pick out a lunch bag.  He went with Lightning McQueen (go figure).  Henry was a little jealous and I thought about getting a bag for him.  Matt convinced me that he needed to just deal with it, though.  We can't make everything equal all of the time and Henry doesn't need a lunch bag.  And Matt was right.  Henry let it go quickly.

Janebug has decided that she's not waiting another month to enter her Terrible Twos.  It's full throttle now.  I read somewhere once that toddlers should be treated as if they were psychiatric patients.  I wholeheartedly agree.  Perhaps I'll be able to use some of the behavioral management techniques from Oliver's therapy on the child.  She sure does need it.

Peter is eight weeks old tomorrow.


I can scarcely believe it.  He went through his own period of fussiness, but he's come out the other end all smiles and even a few laughs here and there.  He's getting so big...

I was hit with an uncontrollable urge to rearrange the schoolroom yesterday.  So, I did.  There's a lot more floor space, which will be useful.  I also boxed up some of the toys that always get strewn about, but never seem to actually get played with.  It looks a lot brighter in here now.


Plus, I've put all the schoolbooks in one place, close to the little table.  It will be much more convenient this way.

Hey, speaking of school, here's what Henry did this week: 

  • Saxon Math 1: Lessons 15-16 (writing the number 14, acting out and drawing pictures for some, some more and some, some went away stories; Assessment 2; writing the number 15, counting pennies)
  • The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading: Lessons 65-67 (words with the long-a vowel sound, the sight word 'have,' words with the long-e vowel sound)
  • Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Kindergarten: Pages 56-57 (lowercase letters, C)

No comments:

Post a Comment