Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving on Up

In Florida, if it's not hot and humid, it's hot and smoky.
If I had any lingering doubts concerning the arrival of summer, they were eliminated when I looked at our latest electric bill.

After I regained consciousness, I came to terms with the fact that our days of idyll outdoors have come to an end until the fall.  Except for an hour or so in the morning and another in the evening, we're going to be hanging out inside for most of the day.

And that's fine.  I just don't want our days to descend into Super Happy TV FUN Time!!! for hours at a time.

Henry's been itching to get at his Saxon math manipulatives kit.  We're doing our last preschool religion lesson this week.  And, while we still have quite a few pages left in Science Play!, a lot of the "experiments" are things we do all the time (baking, using a solar oven, percussion instruments).  There are maybe 5 or 6 things left that I still want to do.

So, why not move on to preschool?  We'll be able to get a lot done before we break for Advent.  Henry's certainly ready for the lessons.  It just makes sense.  The biggest reason we waited until October last year was because Jane was born in September.

I've already purchased the majority of Henry's schoolbooks.  I still need to pay for his enrollment with Angelicum, but their summer sale should begin in the next week or two and I'll get it then.  If it's anything like last year's ordering experience, we should have our lesson plans before July.

Henry's Preschool Year, Target Date: July 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment