Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Quirky Child

What to do with Oliver?  My husband and I wonder about him sometimes.  He is so different from Henry at this age.  Henry was like a little puppy, eager to please and anxious to perform.  Oliver... well, he does his own thing.

He's very affectionate and cuddly and I know he understands what we tell him because he responds appropriately.  I'm not concerned about him not speaking yet because Henry didn't speak at this age either, and now the child won't stop.  However, Oliver is not taking to the Hands on Homeschooling lessons like Henry did. The activities just don't interest him.

What does interest him?  Starfall.  He absolutely loves it.  He races to my lap whenever I click on the site.  So, I'm going to go with what captures his attention and see what happens.  That's the great thing about homeschooling, right?  Your resources don't have to be one size fits all.

In garden news...

One of "our" bluebirds.  I need a better zoom!

The monster cucumber.

A forest of carrot stems.

A jungle of italian parsley.

I can't wait for this pomegranate bud to bloom.

A ripening peach!

No comments:

Post a Comment