Friday, April 1, 2011

Henry's Nursery Level is Complete!

I wound up requesting Henry's certificate earlier in the week because I wasn't sure how long it would take to generate.  Happily, the wonderful people at Angelicum got it out right away.  I had the certificate printed out on cardstock and laminated at the UPS store.  My husband and I presented it to Henry with much fanfare.  Henry was really excited to get an award and wants to put it up next to all of Matt's work certificates and plaques.  We'll get a frame for it and hang it soon.

Again, I'm so pleased with what we've accomplished so far with our homeschool.  I know not every level will be as pain-free as this one, but I'm looking forward to them all nonetheless.

In gardening news, our other set of trees arrived yesterday and we'll be planting our mini-orchard on Saturday afternoon.  We'll be putting in two pecan trees, two plum trees, two pomegranate trees, an orange tree, a lemon tree, a peach tree, and a banana tree!  I hope 1) that they transplant well and grow quickly and 2) that we'll be around to get a harvest.  With Matt in the military, it's always up in the air where we'll be from one year to the next.  However, we've managed to stay in the same house for going on 6 years now.  We didn't plant trees when we first moved here because we thought we'd have to leave soon.  Now, I'm kicking myself because we could have had a producing orchard by now!

Live and learn, I suppose.  This is probably another good Lenten lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment